Here are a few key tips (some of the most important) to consider when building and optimizing your website.
– Website Title from the TITLE tag should contain some of your chosen keywords.
– Choosing a domain name – It is best that the domain name to contain at least one keyword.
– Use the H1 tag (Heading) and place at least one keyword in the sentence (on-page title sentence). Then, if possible, use the H2 tag (on-page subtitle sentence), which also should contain at least one keyword. Also use the B / STRONG tags (Bold font), and I / EM (Italic font), in which to highlight keyword phrases inside an article.
– Use more common keywords, both on the front page and on the rest of the site and, respectively, of appropriate synonyms.
– ALT attributes for images are very important, primarily for people who have disabilities and use browsers that replace images with text in the ALT attribute, but also for mobile sites. So just try to describe the image and do not necessarily think about SEO. This description is very good for SEO because Google or other search engine does not recognize the image content, but can read the text of the ALT attribute.
– Internal links. Be careful to avoid many links that lead to the same page using the same keywords, use different keywords instead. Furthermore, avoid placing more than 100 links on a single page, Google is ignoring such pages.
– The number of sites that have a link to your site (backlinks) is also very important because it helps increase your website Page Rank (the importance that search engines – like Alexa and Google – attach to your site). Also, make sure that sites that refer to your site are well indexed by search engines, otherwise, links from locked or un-indexed sites are not very useful.
– External links to your site should contain a keyword and point to that page of your site that is optimized for that keyword.